I am desperate...

I have just transfered data from a Hard Drive (HD1) to another one (HD2).

So at the end HD1 is empty and HD2 is full.

Then the accident happen: Crash of HD2. Impossible to read it, Windows won't even start when HD2 is plugged.

Then I thought: "I'm going to use Stellar Phoenix on HD1, no problem". But it doesn't work! What Stellar find is unreadable.

I am helpless, is there anything else to try ?

I have to add that a few month before today I converted HD1 from NTFS to FAT32 with "Partition Magic". Is it why it is so difficult for stellar to recover the data? Is the FAT32 of Partion Magic different from a FAT32 made by windows?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If the disk crash is due to Windows system file corruption or the like, you might be able to access/recover the data on the drive by using an alternate operating system like Linux. I've used the "Live" (runs entirely off of a CD) version of Knoppix to do this quite a few times.

On the other hand, if the drive failure is of an electronic or mechanical nature, you might have to resort to this :eek:

If the disk crash is due to Windows system file corruption or the like, you might be able to access/recover the data on the drive by using an alternate operating system like Linux. I've used the "Live" (runs entirely off of a CD) version of Knoppix to do this quite a few times.

On the other hand, if the drive failure is of an electronic or mechanical nature, you might have to resort to this :eek:

It's seems to be mechanical. But I'm surprise because it doesn't make any noise...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.