Hi using full hd TV as monitor but flickers even when refreshed. It also has the annoying habit of not recognising any changes made when rebooted forcing me to reconnect the old monitor and follow the whole procedure again. Embarrassingly I am using and old dell optiplex gx620 whilst awaiting my new comp. Please help

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

You haven't said what windows version you are using.

Hi using full hd TV as monitor but flickers even when refreshed. It also has the annoying habit of not recognising any changes made when rebooted forcing me to reconnect the old monitor and follow the whole procedure again. Embarrassingly I am using and old dell optiplex gx620 whilst awaiting my new comp. Please help

Sorry I am using vista ultimate

Has Vista installed a driver for it or does it call it a generic TV?

Thank you for your replies. I have now updated to windows 7 on a Packard bell and the t.v. is still flickering like mad. Does this mean it is a t.v. fault? It is only when I am using my computer on it as it is a perfect picture when on x-box or DVD.
Thank you

Try different resolutions and refresh rates on it.

Already have mate

Perhaps your TV has a dried out capacitor then?!?

Is your system is not compatible ?

May be your system is not compatible, it would be better if could go through the manual.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.