I got me a new used computer from a neighbor in trade, I formatted and put win xp home on it. After getting all my basic setup done, I went in to bios and set all my security like I always do with any of my CPU's. After doing the normal Start up and Bios security, then into Win XP and set user, I went back in to set hard drive lock. Nothing un-common for me. after I rebooted that time, Neither my hard drive nor my CD Rom drive is being detected in the bios and it doesn't even ask for hard drive password. I have reset cmos and everything to no avail. Pleas help...
SillyBilly

Re: After Hard Drive Lock Bios not recognizing hard drive or CD Rom Drive 80 80

here is a picture of the bios,,,, check out the characters of the last line, "hdd firmware"!

I got me a new used computer from a neighbor in trade, I formatted and put win xp home on it. After getting all my basic setup done, I went in to bios and set all my security like I always do with any of my CPU's. After doing the normal Start up and Bios security, then into Win XP and set user, I went back in to set hard drive lock. Nothing un-common for me. after I rebooted that time, Neither my hard drive nor my CD Rom drive is being detected in the bios and it doesn't even ask for hard drive password. I have reset cmos and everything to no avail. Pleas help...
SillyBilly

here is a picture of the bios,,,, check out the characters of the last line, "hdd firmware"!

this picture of the bios shows diskette a and b disabled??? what the heck?

this picture of the bios shows diskette a and b disabled??? what the heck?

if you have a floppy drive in the tower enable diskette A

SillyBilly

try another hard drive .old ones are a dime a dozen ,nowadays

Do This
1. Unplug the power and Remove BIOS battery. Remove RAM and HDD and keep it for 24 hrs. Re-assemble and mostly it will be fixed. if not

2.Update BIOS. After Updating BIOS do step number 1 as above.

maybe your sata port or power plugs are having prob . please reconnect your HDD and DVD drive.

and even then if u r facing same prob then please go to the BIOS and pres the F9 button for changing Ur BIOS into Default mood.
thanx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.