I'm looking to (within a few months hopefully) buy me a (semi)professional photoprinter.

At the moment the Epson R800 looks very promising but I'm a bit wary of spending some €350 on a device I've never seen in action and noone around here has it in stock to demo.

Does anyone here have experience with this device (or similar current models in the same class)?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm looking to (within a few months hopefully) buy me a (semi)professional photoprinter.

At the moment the Epson R800 looks very promising but I'm a bit wary of spending some €350 on a device I've never seen in action and noone around here has it in stock to demo.

Does anyone here have experience with this device (or similar current models in the same class)?

Hi jwenting

My experience say go for HP printers

I've an HP now, but it's getting long in the tooth (bought it in 1997).
As many of my prints tend to be very heavy in one colour or another their combined ink cartridges are also very expensive for me.
I often run out of for example cyan while the other colours are still more than half full, not very economical.

And I'd gotten some excellent referrals for Epson's R1800 and R2400 printers which use the same ink to print on larger paper.

But I'm looking at HP too if they have a quality photoprinter with separate tanks, just haven't found one yet...

I've an HP now, but it's getting long in the tooth (bought it in 1997).
As many of my prints tend to be very heavy in one colour or another their combined ink cartridges are also very expensive for me.
I often run out of for example cyan while the other colours are still more than half full, not very economical.

And I'd gotten some excellent referrals for Epson's R1800 and R2400 printers which use the same ink to print on larger paper.

But I'm looking at HP too if they have a quality photoprinter with separate tanks, just haven't found one yet...

Recently they have launched a new model with photoprint, i donno the model, here in india people always prefer HP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.