Ok I made up my mind for my new gaming system and ordered the new Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI motherboard. Now I need to know what processor you all reccomend. I have always used Intel and have never had any AMD products. I notice people are comparing the P4 3.0 to AMD 2.0's. I had a P4 2.8 and since I have already spent this much on the motherboard I want something that is going to out do my old P4 I just have never messed with AMD and don't really know what to look for. I also need to know what the best graphics card and the best memory would be for this board. Thanks for the help.

Lee

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

The best always comes with an appropriate price tag.
A 3500+ should be a good performance/price cpu.
As for the graphics card, I don't know my PCI-Express cards..

The best always comes with an appropriate price tag.
A 3500+ should be a good performance/price cpu.
As for the graphics card, I don't know my PCI-Express cards..

if you have the cash go with a 6800gt or ultra...or if you really have the cash, go with 2 6800gt in sli format and have one of the best gaming rigs around :cheesy:

Forget gigahertz. It's no indication of performance, nor has it really been one since the proginal Pentiums went off the market. But especially nowadays!

If your budget stretches to a 3500+, get that. A 3200+ is fine of course (it outperforms a Pentium 3.2GHz) and if you're really cashed up try to get hold of a 3800+ or 4000+ Those should be available soon, if they're not already.

6800GT or Ultra sounds a good vid card choice for sure.

I have decided to get the FX-55 processor and two 6800 Ultra's. I really didn't want to spend this much but maby I will be happy with it for a while and not need to upgrade. Thanks for all the help.

Lee Harrell

i have only one thing to say I AM JEALOUS! lol great choice on the system you should be one of the happiest people in the gaming industry! once you get it all could you post back with a benchmark score? im really curious to see how well an extreamly high end computer preforms :) and so i can dream of what i can build lol! nice buy tho!

I sure will. It may take a week or so as I have just ordered the processor and graphic cards. I will post just as soon as I get it all done.

Lee

sounds great ill be lookig foreward to it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.