cbusen 36 Junior Poster in Training

I'll prob post this thread in a couple places because of all the things it is and what its capable of...anything for help right? anyhow, here is my problem. I finally got Fallout: New Vegas, works fine but not for long, as soon as i go to start a game, hit new, it starts to load it and goes to BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! yes, haven't had that damn thing in forever. apparently this has been a problem. a file going by the name of ksaudfl.sys, has been one of the instigators in this and there is Paging in a Non-Paged Area, and we all agree that we just can't have that.

here is what i have hardware/software: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo, 3.0Ghz, Windows XP 64-bit, 8GB RAM, Diamond Multimedia 1GB DDR2 card HD 4650, Soundblaster Pro X-fi 5.1 external(usb) surround sound. To date nothing has really challenged my hardware such that its bogging down and i'm irritated. it is all very well cooled. i have removed and re-installed every driver package i could get my hand on the for sound card. It wasn't very many, like 3 differnt versions since it came out. So far the only success i've had in actually getting to play the game was disabling the x-fi, and telling it i was using headphones. my motherboard, a asus p5q-e has a Realtek HD sound something in it also i just remembered....anyhow what the hell is going on? my sound card has never been at problem, and i've had it for two years and bought ever cutting age game that came out in that time...i love it. is what i heard of creative labs true? software support sucks balls, don't buy again...yadda yadda yadda...i'll do it if i get the reccos here....thanks for anything and every idea you can throw at me? do any of the other 64bit drivers work for this version of xp? how different could those drivers be?