Hello ..

I have recently bought a secondhand IBM M42 netvista CPU.

It works fine except that when I start the PC the Fan works for the first few minutes then stops...then it will start to work again randomly while I am using the PC. Is there a problem with the Fan? Or is it heat sensitive, and only works when it is needed???? I am scared that I might be burning out my motherboard!!!!

Thanks
Mike

Hmm... this is an interesting one. I would assume that the fan would be temperature sensative, and only will spin up when heat disspersion is nessary.

You could try downloading MotherBoard Moniter 5 and watch the CPU temps. If they are staying below 55 degrees Celcius, I would say that the fan is working properly.

Thank you for the reply...Yes...I guess you are right..everything else works fine..I will certainly download MotherBoard Moniter 5 to check the temp out..
Thanks Again
Mike

Hmm... this is an interesting one. I would assume that the fan would be temperature sensative, and only will spin up when heat disspersion is nessary.

You could try downloading MotherBoard Moniter 5 and watch the CPU temps. If they are staying below 55 degrees Celcius, I would say that the fan is working properly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.