hi.
i was just wondering if someone could help me please.
i have recently bought 3 lcd monitors off ebay, 1 panoview 550, 1 panoview 600 and 1 compaq tft450. with all three of them there was no power supply but we have found it out so we hooked them up and...nothing. the 550 flashed the screen up, then went dead and hasnt done anything since, the 450 i think flashed just the backlight up and the 600 seems to work fine other than we have no display. we have tried everything we know of to rectify this (granted thats not alot) but nothing seems to make a difference.
help please?

we have ran them off multiple computers both old and knew and as theyre about 7 years old id have thought they would work on 98 and xp, but they dont.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

hannah and nathan

I will recomend you to stop buying from ebay.I have bought last days a LCd from a romanian site www.hot-computers.ro and it has arrived very fast and it works very good.
The best think is that i have payed less then ebay.

Have a nice day

thanks but we're not looking for anything fancy, we just want a cheap monitor that isnt too large, thats why we're using ebay. also we dont have the £200 odd to spend on a monitor

thanks anyway

hi.
i was just wondering if someone could help me please.
i have recently bought 3 lcd monitors off ebay, 1 panoview 550, 1 panoview 600 and 1 compaq tft450. with all three of them there was no power supply but we have found it out so we hooked them up and...nothing. the 550 flashed the screen up, then went dead and hasnt done anything since, the 450 i think flashed just the backlight up and the 600 seems to work fine other than we have no display. we have tried everything we know of to rectify this (granted thats not alot) but nothing seems to make a difference.
help please?

we have ran them off multiple computers both old and knew and as theyre about 7 years old id have thought they would work on 98 and xp, but they dont.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

hannah and nathan

I have won more than 200 auctions on ebay and those were big ticket items $$$$$$ and have never had a problem. You need to learn which sellers to avoid and then email them with any questions before bidding. A lot of time has gone by since the auction ended, but I would e-mail the seller and see if they will help you. 7 year old moniters will work with your OS but you need to have all of the required cables and power converters. Your local (small) computer repair business can check these out for you very cheaply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.