Hi guys,
I have a gateway computer. My problem is that the monitor does not display anything when I switch the computer on, even when the LCD indicator is on. It all started when the display started getting shaky and warped, threatening to switch off. I then switched off the computer and then back on again-the monitor came on (at least the indicator was on) but no display. Is this monitor dead? The computer still works properly-I can still play music and switch the computer off using the keyboard keys (not the mouse). Can someone please help.

Regards

Hi guys,
I have a gateway computer. My problem is that the monitor does not display anything when I switch the computer on, even when the LCD indicator is on. It all started when the display started getting shaky and warped, threatening to switch off. I then switched off the computer and then back on again-the monitor came on (at least the indicator was on) but no display. Is this monitor dead? The computer still works properly-I can still play music and switch the computer off using the keyboard keys (not the mouse). Can someone please help.

Regards

Test the monitor on a nother computer, if it doenst work then its your monitor. If it does work then it is most likely something wrong with your video card, or if you dont have a video card, then your motherboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.