I know DEC VAX has a single instruction that is used for loading ans storing all programs that are visible registers/ to memory, but the thing i dont understand is there really a reason to have an instruction pair for it? what are some pros and cons for it?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Argh! VAX questions! I haven't had to deal with any of this cruft for over 20 years! If you want, I might still have my system documentation in some boxes hidden in my basement, somewhere... :rolleyes: I think I also have my IBM VM 370 manuals in the same place...

lmao i think i got it did a nit more digging

Anyway, I have no clue as to the answer for your original question. Sorry. That (previous post) was my sarcastic clone answering... :-)

Anyway, I have no clue as to the answer for your original question. Sorry. That (previous post) was my sarcastic clone answering... :-)

Though we did really have the VAX, VM 370, and DEC 10/20 manuals around here at one time. I think we finally recycled them some years ago, because they were a big pile of boxes that aren't in the storage room any longer. Anyway, the VM370 docs were mine, and the VAX/DEC docs were my wife's. You know that old saw "If you don't have 36 bits, you aren't dealing with a full DEC"? :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.