HI, recently i'm having some problem with my comp. I was trying to recover my xp home edition, and every time i try it stops at 12% , and says that " Incompatible image in use" Can someone please tell me how can i fix this problem. Now i can't usemy PC any more. I really need help.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Did you solve the problem? I just went through something very similar with my Sony VAIO and after some research and phone calls found out that the image in the System Recovery CDs was done on a computer with 256K RAM. If you have more RAM than that, remove the extra RAM, run the Recover software and reinstall the RAM.
It worked for me.
Celia

Did you solve the problem? I just went through something very similar with my Sony VAIO and after some research and phone calls found out that the image in the System Recovery CDs was done on a computer with 256K RAM. If you have more RAM than that, remove the extra RAM, run the Recover software and reinstall the RAM.
It worked for me.
Celia

I had the same problem on my vaio. Took out 256 ram as suggested and the recovery is working sweet now.

Thank you!!!

Best regards from Vienna (Austria)
This is the best idea!!! You saved my life!!
My vaio notebook: PCG GRT 916V had a damaged Harddisk (60GB)
So I put in a new harddisk (Western Digital Scorpio 250GB 8MB)
and tried the System Recovery CD and ...checksum error !
After removing one of the two ram's the installation works perfect!!
No Bios-Problem! No Problem with the Battery on the Motherboard!
After assembling the removed Ram, my notebook is running very good!
By and thanks for the Link - You saved my Life - indeed!! Tom

Did you try safemode restore beforehand? even though you put a new hardisk in?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.