I've had a HP pavillion dv6000 laptop for a while but with a newborn and moving never got the chance to turn it on. When I finally got the chance I realized I misplaced the power adapter. So I ordered a new one and it outputs 18.5v. What's happening now is it won't start at all. I've had it charging for two days straight just about. I notice the green light on the adapter blinks and so does the blue light where the adapter plugs into the laptop. When I press the power button the middle of the three light on the bottom right of the keyboard blinks three times also. I thought maybe the adapter might be a little messed up so i unplugged it from the laptop and the green light on the adapter is constant instead of blinking like it does when It's plugged into the laptop. Any help guys?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Are you able to power it on if you remove the battery and just plug the laptop on AC power?

No I tried to power it on with just the adapter in and nothing

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.