Hey,

I'm hoping someone could help me. I received my 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 today to upgrade my HP DV6-2154ca from 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 memory.

I installed them successfully and even the BIOS did show 8129MB of RAM and showed the RAM modules placed (note: showed serial numbers as 00000.. and empty manufacturer), but as its booting up it gets to a black screen with 8 blue dashes at the very top of the screen, and holds there. I chose Startup Recovery several times, takes so long, and still doesn't fix the problem. I switched back to the 4GB, got the same screen, then a BSOD (blue screen)

Any ideas??

Hey,

I'm hoping someone could help me. I received my 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 today to upgrade my HP DV6-2154ca from 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 memory.

I installed them successfully and even the BIOS did show 8129MB of RAM and showed the RAM modules placed (note: showed serial numbers as 00000.. and empty manufacturer), but as its booting up it gets to a black screen with 8 blue dashes at the very top of the screen, and holds there. I chose Startup Recovery several times, takes so long, and still doesn't fix the problem. I switched back to the 4GB, got the same screen, then a BSOD (blue screen)

Any ideas??

Nevermind. Worked now somehow. 8GB shows up everywhere, its sort of speedy however some stuff take some time to load I'm guessing cause CPU is reading from the disk for those. What's the best way to test the performance?

CPU-Z shows this:
DRAm Frequency: 532.1 MHz
FSB:DRAM : 4:16
CL: 7.0 clocks
tRCD: 7 clocks
tRP: 7 clocks
tRAS: 20 clocks
tRFC: 86 clocks
CR: 1T

Do I need to configure anything?

Thank you for your help

Nevermind. Worked now somehow. 8GB shows up everywhere, its sort of speedy however some stuff take some time to load I'm guessing cause CPU is reading from the disk for those. What's the best way to test the performance?

CPU-Z shows this:
DRAm Frequency: 532.1 MHz
FSB:DRAM : 4:16
CL: 7.0 clocks
tRCD: 7 clocks
tRP: 7 clocks
tRAS: 20 clocks
tRFC: 86 clocks
CR: 1T

Do I need to configure anything?

Thank you for your help

Hi,
Not sure if you're still having issues.
Maybe this will help if you haven't read it:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00820047&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4125903

Sorry I can't offer you more assistance.
Good luck with your upgrade. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.