This is the second time my hp g71 358NR laptop screen has broken. The first time I had it repaired at a computer repair shop it cost me too much. This time around I thought I would take a crack at trying to repair it myself. After purchasing a replacement screen and trying to connect it to the inverter, the screen still didn't turn on. After fiddling with it for awhile, I made the mistake of trying to connect the screen with the power on. There was a itsy, tiny spark from the inverter. After that when I connected the power cord to the laptop, the lights in front of the laptop turned on, along with the light at the power cord, but when I push the start button nothing happens. I am at a lost and about to go to a repair shop if I can't fix these issues. Can someone please help?

Recommended Answers

now you know why it cost so much at the shop,that you need to take it to again ,Im no expert but i have been fixing computer for over 13 yrs now ,self taught and have made some mistakes along the way ,and i cant tell you what happened when …

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

now you know why it cost so much at the shop,that you need to take it to again ,Im no expert but i have been fixing computer for over 13 yrs now ,self taught and have made some mistakes along the way ,and i cant tell you what happened when you did that with the laptop plugged in ,but if there is spark there is fire[power surge ] ,and it likely burnt/shorted out something ,time to take it to the repair shop

HOw come your screen be broken...?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.