Hi,

I'm not so good at the techie side of things and was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have just bought a new 19" Widescreen TFT monitor (Packard Bell 900W) which has a max resolution of 1440 x 900.

My toshiba Satellite laptop has a screen resolution set to 1024 x 768. I plugged the new monitor in and it stretches everything out to cover the whole screen, thus everything appears stretched from left to right.

I have a 'NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go - 32MB' graphics card as far as I know if that affects things.

Can anyone help me step by step set up so that the display is correct. I assume it's using Display properties > Settings, and setting up a second monitor, but the simple screen resolution bar in that window only goes up to 1024x768.

Thanks anyone in advance,

Ben

One method I find may be supported is an Auto mode for the monitor itself, if you wish to stick with your resolution of source. On my Mitsubishi and Samsung, if the image goes off the sides, etc, I press the button one time to activate a self adjustment... It may help, but again, my problem wasn't EXACTLY the same. If the source is limiting the resolution, check the stats online to see if it is a problem or just the limit inherent. My two monitors are LCD, and they both allows nice flexibility for image adjustments

BILL

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.