Hi everyone,
I just recently installed Ubuntu 5.10 to an older computer of mine. It worked just fine for a while and then it started looking horrible. There are ghosts or shadows of the windows running all across the screen. It is still readable, but annoying. I assume there is something wrong with my video card although I do not know much about this sort of thing and I was wondering if anyone could assist me if possible before I think about getting a new video card for this thing. I think the graphics card in the machine is an Nvidia Vanta card. it is an older e-Machines computer with a pentium III processor and came installed with Windows 98. I have included a screenshot of my desktop to show you what I am talking about. Thank you for any help in advance.
Nick

[IMG]http://nicknisi.is-a-geek.com:81/Screenshot.png[/IMG]

Sorry for reposting so quickly. I looked at the screenshot I took on another computer and the image has no problems with it, so I guess I can't really show you what I am talking about, but if a window has a dark background, and I place the window in the middle of the screen, the dark background will create a "shadow" across the screen extending out of its own window and covering up other windows. When i pull down a menu, the menu is transparent enough to see dark backgrounds behind it. I have restarted the computer and I can see the same type of thing happening on the image that my BIOS pops up, so I don't think it's Ubuntu causing the problem. I hope this helps. Thank you.
Nick

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.