Specs:
i5 2500k
gtx 570
8GB Ram
64GB SSD
Internet:
DL- 50mb
UL- 3mb

hey guys. I don't know why my machine is acting like this, when I know its more than capable. I get lag when I play games, i don't constantly get lag but I will tell you when and how I get noticeable lag that I know i shouldn't be getting. I play guild wars 2, so you can imagine what I am about do describe. I get lag (rough proccessing?) when I load up high volume of content at a short amount of time. For example, I lag when I open up the Fullscreen World Map. Or if I spin the camera around 360 degrees ill lag for the first time but after that first spin, it won't lag anymore if I keep doing it, this also applies to my World Map example, if I press M (world map) for the 2nd time it won't have that "rough" transition. I hope I described it well enough for you guys to understand. I'd like to know if its my hardware. Thanks guys.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It seems that it is not uncommon for GW2 to have lag issues from time to time. Here are some preliminary suggestions...

Are all of your drivers up to date?

How long have you been experiencing this? Lag is said too be a problem after game updates. Are there any MS updates downloading/installing in the background? Any other kind of updates?

Your HDD is 64 GB, how much space is left on it?

Download, install, and run Superantispyware. (even if you already have a different one installed)

Also, you have 8GB of RAM. Are you sure you aren't hitting the swapper (virtual memory / swap space)? A lot of these games are very RAM intensive, so it is possible that you are hitting the swap file.

Also, you have 8GB of RAM. Are you sure you aren't hitting the swapper (virtual memory / swap space)? A lot of these games are very RAM intensive, so it is possible that you are hitting the swap file.

That's a good point, but as his HDD is SSD and he has 8GB RAM, he won't need a big pagfile, if at all.

To help him/her further it would be good to know how much room he has left on that drive.

i have 9.5GB left on my SSD. I also have a secondary hard drive but its not SSD.

i have 9.5GB left on my SSD. I also have a secondary hard drive but its not SSD.

It might be due to the amount of space you have left on your C: drive. If the game has a big temporary file footprint then that would be your problem. Also, is any of the second drive being used? It would be good just to find out where your pagefile is operating from, whether the SSD or the HDD. I think the problems this would cause are self-explanatory with the vast difference in access times between the two drives..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.