I have a sony vaio laptop and the hard drive died I want to get a new one . Do I have to buy the same harddrive or can I just get any 2.5" hard drive and pop it in.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I found the answer in another thread, I should of used the search function. I have a follow up question, can I use any slim cd rom in my sony vaio laptop?

The hard drives are pretty generic and easily interchanged but cd drives are a bit different. The answer is that there are only a few models of sony cd drives that you can use (not sure which ones) because there are so many different shapes and sizes of them on the market from brand to brand. Each is almost made specifically for the model, so you would have to get one that was made specifically for your computer. Now, if you wanted an external usb cd drive, than yes any one will do, but i dont think that is what you want.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.