My apologies if I missed something like this already. I cannot find anything quite fitting. And this work computer keeps closing this page on me.

At home, I have 2 laptops both running Windows 7, a Lexmark wireless printer that worked fine last week. Now it won't print, but it is online. When I checked my control panel on 2 of my laptops, my device list shows 0 devices. My first thought was that I was hacked. I run Avast on both computers. I unplugged my internet and ran a deep scan on both computers while I am at currently at work. I am hoping (thinking) this is not the problem. I have not been home to check yet. I wanted to throw this on here hoping for some ideas to work with when I get home.

I have Googled and found issues with printers being 'offline', but not completely off the device list. The only thing I can think of is I did adjust some firewall settings to be more secure, but these devices are all on the inside. I will adjust these settings back when I have time to play with them. I am grateful for any help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by manojrea

Did you solve this?

You may want to run Malwarebytes and Superantispyware if you're concerned about being infected. Avast is my favorite AV too. :)

Which antivirus you are using? try to desable and after install again you can enable your AV. If not success, formart your system.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.