Hi
Ive recently bought a "GeForce 6" graphics card for my PC but have been having problems starting my graphics card. Ive inserted the graphics card (AGP Slot) into my computer correctly and followed the instruction manual which states that obviously you have to insert the graphics card into the computer before installing the drivers from the provided disk etc. Ive disabled my onboard Graphics card that came with my computer going through my control panel, system, device manager etc. After that I turn on my PC and this time the first thing to pop up instead on my startup screen is a page stating my Graphics card "PNY GeForce 6200 AGP 256 MB" etc. i take it that screen is normal as ive only just inserted my graphics card onto my PC. After that its followed by a "beep" noise as normal on startup and the next page is the "Packard Bell" page etc. Next page is the normal page on startup with all my computer information that usaully comes up stating for example "CPU, CPU Clock, Catch Memory, Extended Memory" etc. Now this is where the problem starts, After that last page my monitor basically turns blank, it turns to a Black Blank Screen its like my monitor has turned off but it is still on. The Windows Edition Loading Screen never comes up that usually comes up next. Nothing comes up after my monitor basically dosent turn on, you can here all the signs of windows loading and windows starting and icons popping up but nothing is displayed on the screen. My spec for my PC is "Packard bell, Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz 2.81GHz & 448 MB of RAM and my graphics card is "PNY GeForce 6200 AGP 256Mb" Also The first time i tried to install this card it got to the The Windows Edition Loading Screen but it was very very faint on my screen and it was basically stuck on that screen. But now The Windows Edition Loading Screen dosent come up it goes into the blank screen after the spec screen comes up. Is this a good indication that i might have a faulty card? Please someone help :-| ???

What you need to do is unplug the new vga, boot the system and install drivers for the new card, shut down, insert the card and turn on.

If the drivers refuse to install without card installed, then enable the on-board VGA (will have to reboot) UNINSTALL the video driver for on-board VGA, shut down, insert card.....)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.