I have AM'D's Cool'N Quit Technologhy on my PC. I have three fans in my PC, one I just put in my self. It will not show that I have three fans running. the third is ... but I want to know how to get it on the display. Can anyone help?

http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pclcdscreenlightsoff5yj.jpg

The picture is a little blury, but you can tell the last one says 0000

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

How do the other two fans plug in? Do they plug into headers on the case? If so, make sure that you plug the third fan into the third header.

P.S. AMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology is a feature of their 64-bit line of chips that allows the CPU to cycle down when it isn't being pushed hard in order to concerve electricity and reduce heat output but quickly speeds up the chip when it is put to full use. This feature has nothing to do with case cooling.

SO the fans that are in the pics .. are the fans just for the CPU?

Most likely not, but I really don't know. Every system is setup different. Look inside your case and see what fans plug into that display at the front. This will tell you what fan speeds are being measured. If you want to add a third fan to that display, you will have to plug it into that display as well.

Most likely not, but I really don't know. Every system is setup different. Look inside your case and see what fans plug into that display at the front. This will tell you what fan speeds are being measured. If you want to add a third fan to that display, you will have to plug it into that display as well.

Thats what I thought, and I also thought I had my fan connected to the right area .... Maybe it only counts the fans on the motherboard ....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.