Hi, I have a Samsung Series 7 Gamer 700-G7C laptop and it now has a black screen! I am so worried! Last night I was just playing Minecraft with my brother and I downloaded a few custom maps, after that it was already late and I just closed the lid. The next day, I went to school did my homework and when I went on to check my email, poof, the screen doesn't work. But mostly everything still does. The keyboard backlight still works and the fan is still running quite loudly at times because I haven't shut down Minecraft yet. The LEDs on the bottom also says that the laptop is on. I have googled it and one thing that is different from the other problems I found was that I couldn't hear any sound, but this may be because I turned on the mute button last night. I have a decent amount of computer knowledge and I have already checked the RAM, the hard drives and doing the 'take out the battery and holding the start button' but it still doesn't work! Any help will be appreciated. I spent $2,000 on this laptop and I would hate it to be broken.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

The keyboard backlight still works and the fan is still running quite loudly at times because I haven't shut down Minecraft yet

in the middle of you post you say waht i have in quotes ,and then you say you have check the ram and hdd and you removed the battery and held i nthe power button .so is that just a mistake, i assume it is .

when you removed the battery and held i nthe power button did you also remove the power cord from the laptop

Yeah, I had already taken out the AC power cord.

and yes sorry about that mistake.

make sure to hold the power button down for a full minute ,and try agin ,if not it time to check if it still under warantee ,or have it checked by a computer tech

Ok I'll try it again, if it still doesn't work, I send it over to Samsung, it's just that I live in Australia.

Do you have an external video plug, that is are you able to plug laptop into a monitor. If so do this and reboot the machine. If you see something then it sounds like your screen is somehow at fault. If you see nothing check manual for how to switch on external displays. If you don't have external plug try getting a usb monitor and try that.
Now to faulty screen, shine bright light onto screen and look closely to see if something is there only its dark. If something is there then but very faint, the backlghting in your screen has gone. If nothing is there but external monitor works then laptop graphicsa are ok but screen is faulty. If this is the case and under warranty give dealer the problem. If not then check youtube on how to replace screen, have done this myselft 4-5 times easy just watch how you remove bezel. I cracked one first time (glued crack OK, can barely see it now) , been more careful ever since. Screens can be bought off ebay or just google them. Normally around 70-120 bucks delivered. Good luck.

Does a hdmi cable work or do you need a VGA cable.

And I can't do it right now, I'm at school, I'll try and do it when I get home. Thanks for the help.

It doesn't work on an external monitor. Any other help.

I have tried on an external monitor and it doesn't work, any other advice?

I have tried on an external monitor and it doesn't work, any other advice?

so that should mean that the laptop is not working ,not just your lcd ,it might be making sounds and stuff but its not booting into windows or it whould have shown on the monitor

Thanks for the help caperjack, I'll send it over to Samsung sometime this week. Thanks for your help as well as blesiw

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.