Good day!

Anybody has experienced the same problem Im facing? I cant restore my BIOS to its original state after overclock. My board is MS-7267. Ive have tried this solution but no luck.

1. Detached the power supply plug at the back of the system unit.
  2. Pressing the power button to insure that all remaining powers on the board are drained.
  3. Transfer the jumper from pin 1 & 2 to pin 2 & 3. Waited for 10 minutes.
  4. Returning back the jumper to pin 1 & 2.
  5. Removed CMOS battery. Waited for 5 minutes.
  6. Returning back the CMOS battery.
  7. Power up & still the overclocking issue on startup flashed back. "The previous overclocking has failed. The system is restored to its default value." But when I shutdown the system and turned it in another day, it still goes up.

Anybody has solve this issue?

Thank you for giving time..

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Update Your BIOS . IN SHA ALLAH Your problem will be solved and all locked setings will be opend for manual settings

Updating your bios will also reset any settings (and improve your bios of course).
It would be useful for you to post your motherboard model and brand and perhaps what version bios it is currently running. The CMOS and BIOS are different componants, the BIOS controls how the computer boots and the CMOS is where you enter custom settings. Usually the CMOS can be reset by removing the battery, although this is not always the case.

If removing the battery and unplugging the computer for 10 minutes does not reset the CMOS then look on the motherboard for a small reset button, perhaps, but not necessarily close to the battery. This is not present on all motherboards.

If the above does not work, 'Flashing' the BIOS with an upgrade should also reset the CMOS because the BIOS controls the options and GUI available in the CMOS.

If you are using a Gigabyte motherboard then you are lucky and can update the bios through windows using the official "@bios" tool found here: http://www.gigabyte.com.au/MicroSite/121/tech_a_bios.htm. Remember to read the instructions and follow them carefully, use the tools option to save a backup of your bios before updating and do not allow the computer to turn off (and it may also need persistant network connection) or else the installed bios could become corrupt. This could make it extremely difficult for a non-professional to correct and would prevent the computer starting. Do not be alarmed, the risk is low, but treat it with respect. I needed to use this tool after forgetting my supervisor bios password.

If you are not using a Gigabyte motherboard and you cannot find a similar legitimate and trustworthy tool then you may need to look at alternate options. Note, due to the sensitivity of flashing your BIOS it is recommended to only use official software to flash official updates released by the motherboards manufacturers unless you are a professional.

Hope this helps

~Darkspore52

It might be an idea to actually read the first post. He says what mobo it is and lists what he has already tried!!!

I missed one thing, his bios, the information is still relevent because I gave information on what to do if it wasn't a gigabyte one. Instead of criticising other peoples posts howabout you give him a solution?

For other motherboards there is a massive amount of info on how to flash and can be done from a usb formatted to fat32.

Ive already done updating the BIOS via the MSI Update Utility V5 and it was succesful. I might be wrong but after doing my first post, I still getting these message everytime I bootup "Previous overclocking has failed and the system is restored to its default values". Then I have to re enter date and time again to its correct value. It might be the CMOS not the BIOS? But why is the CMOS keeps resetting everytime I boot-up? Is my CMOS battery slot has something to do with it?

Thank you!

Might be worth trying a new cmos battery. It's a CR2032 and is available in many high street shops.

Ive tried new CMOS battery but still problem exist. Can I use a multi meter (tester) to test if the cmos battery slot is working? Or if the slot is damaged? Is there a way to fix it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.