So I got some computer problems..

It all started about a month ago, when the computer started to reboot itself 10-15 min after I turned it off. Since my computer is onmost of the time, I didnt bother.

But a week ago, it started to act even stranger.
When the computer froze, it wouldnt start for about 30 min after, it was just completly dead before that, and then it would boot by itself :S

And now its happend again, tho it has been off for 36 hrs now and no signs of coming back to life.

The last thing I can think of that has something to do with this is that I check bios for some "auto start" stuff, but didnt find anything there, and then I reseted cmos. After that I checked my NIC card and turned off some "start on alarm" or something like that.

Would be grateful if anyone had any ideas how to get the thing going again =/

Btw, I have a AMD Athlon 3500+ processor, Radeon 800 Pro graph card and 1 gig ram

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Update: I took out the battery in the motherboard to reset cmos, but that didnt help. Im starting to think thats its the PSU thats the problem. Any ideas?

Btw my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939

Update: I took out the battery in the motherboard to reset cmos, but that didnt help. Im starting to think thats its the PSU thats the problem. Any ideas?

Btw my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939

could be power supply but i would also look at the fault being the motherboard itself

wierd, especially the turning itself on again thing. a lookkin your error logs may reveal something.
I may be missing by a mile but try checking your power options. go to display properties-screensaver- power. check the power schemes and hibernate tabs.
also check system properties-advanced-startup and recovery-settings and untick automatically restart. if there is a problem it will give you a blue screen with an error message instead, this can also give you a lead

So I got some computer problems..

It all started about a month ago, when the computer started to reboot itself 10-15 min after I turned it off. Since my computer is onmost of the time, I didnt bother.

But a week ago, it started to act even stranger.
When the computer froze, it wouldnt start for about 30 min after, it was just completly dead before that, and then it would boot by itself :S

And now its happend again, tho it has been off for 36 hrs now and no signs of coming back to life.

The last thing I can think of that has something to do with this is that I check bios for some "auto start" stuff, but didnt find anything there, and then I reseted cmos. After that I checked my NIC card and turned off some "start on alarm" or something like that.

Would be grateful if anyone had any ideas how to get the thing going again =/

Btw, I have a AMD Athlon 3500+ processor, Radeon 800 Pro graph card and 1 gig ram

get the floppy disk called mad boot and use that

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.