I've just bought a stand/sit desk 70cm x 120cm which because of lack of space has to fit almost up against a wall. I need to buy a monitor arm for my 17" monitor and there's room enough for any clamp but not for overhanging arms. So I will need a model that allows the screen to be close to the back wall without any overhang. Either that or a strong monitor arm that I can clamp at the side of the desk and that will have a long reach into the middle of the desk. Any thoughts or recommendations please? BTW I don't want to drill a hole in the desk or use a wall-mounted arm.

Edited by MiketheBook

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Weeks
Discussion Span
Last Post by MiketheBook

My desk is against a wall, I bought a 'Proper' brand dual arm cantilever mount. This clamps to the desk with no overhang, and the screens can be brought forward to the front of the desk if I wanted... Wasn't cheap, but is very sturdy and in the two years I have been using it has not let me down - the movement is still smooth, the hold is still strong.

Can you tell me the make and model please? I may need to have two screens at some point.

. . . and can you raise and lower the monitors easily if I were alternating between sitting and standing? Thanks.

Oooh, the company is actually called Proper. When you said a proper one, I thought you added the word 'proper' just because you're British and you UK folks like that word.

Hehe, I know what you mean. It's an odd company name, and I feel slightly awkward when writing it - hence the inverted commas.

Thanks. It looks good. I was imagining something far more expensive. I've definitely check it out.

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.