Hi i just bought a new hard drive mother board and processor. Its running a Intel 865GV MSI but it did not come with a sata driver. When i called the guy he said Intel MSI doesn't need 1.But i cant seem to install windows on the new pc. Where can i get this drive?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What is the complete model # of your motherboard 865GVM3-V (775), 865GVM2-LS (478), or 865GVM-S (478)?

what error do you get when you try to install Windows?

Hi i just bought a new hard drive mother board and processor. Its running a Intel 865GV MSI but it did not come with a sata driver. When i called the guy he said Intel MSI doesn't need 1.But i cant seem to install windows on the new pc. Where can i get this drive?

as i understand you don't have a floppy disk with the SATA driver, but you should have a driver CD which is came with your MoBo, look up there coz it might contain an utility to make a sata driver floppy, then while instlalling windows, during initialisation process you'll be offered to install raid-sata drivers by pressing F6 button.

Is your BIOS recognising the drive?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.