hi guyz,

I've recently built my PC from scratch (took a while too hehe), and i went with the option of not putting in any floppy drives at all, as i thought i won't be using it anymore since i can back up all my bigger files onto cds & dvds, and for them little files my usb drive. So each time i shut down my comptuer i get an error messaging saying that the Floppy Disk cannot be accessed and it gives me the options of [Retry] [Cancel] and [Continue]. Ofcourse it continues to shut down but the error messaging is getting really annoying!:mad:

Is it possible to remove floppy drive totally from the system so that it does not ask for it or look for it whenever i shut down.

thank you:)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

go to the bios and disable the floppy drive there. that should take care of it. i agree floppy drives are useless

go to the bios and disable the floppy drive there. that should take care of it. i agree floppy drives are useless

thanks TheNSS it worked, didnt know it was that simple :cheesy:

Another way to fix this is to disable checking floppies on shutdown in your antivirus program. (incase someone else has this problem too)

yeah, but id recommend that if you dont use or plan to use floppies, disable the controller from the BIOS and save on some IRQs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.