Someone just gave me a dell insperation 7500 and said that the screen did not light up.
I pulged it in and the first time all I seen was like a color bar test pattern.(vet and hor.lines),Turned it on and off a few times and Once I did see "WINDOWS" go scrolling across the screen. then the screen ,but that was it.I just turned it on again to boot up, I could hear the hard drive spinning,also hear like a clicking noise about 4-5 times and then the screen will blink as it were changing screens,then VER. bar lines.
Cant see any kind of "print of pictures"
In the left side it has a 3 com megahertz 10/100 lan card bus, and I opened up the bottom slots and it has a vga card,and .looks like 1 stick of memory. I did not get any cd's with it. But I do have cd's. (xp professinol) and other.
Could use some help on this one.
oh when I boot it up and keep pressing F8, it will just get a Blank white screen with No bars,but still no text,pictures.
Tks guys.
Johnny:idea:

If your hard drive is clicking it is on its way out or it has already left the building. It sounds like you might have a problem with your video card to you can test your video card by plugging it into an external monitor.

AJZ

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.