i bought a second hand xfx 7800 gs and when i play certain games the computer shuts down. battlefield usually lasts but the game that turns of eveytime after about 4 mins is unreal demo. I have not got a clue about what could cause this apart from this being a faulty card. Dont know if something in my cpu could cause this. i have upgraded the ram 550 watt psu and still it restarts:sad:

anyone got any ideas. would be much appreciated.

my computer is amd sempron 3000+
2 gb ram 550 watt psu xfx7800 gs

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

if battlefield plays ok i don't think its the card at fault. have you got the latest drivers for your card? have you got the latest version of unreal?

if battlefield plays ok i don't think its the card at fault. have you got the latest drivers for your card? have you got the latest version of unreal?

I got unreal demo to work without it restarting my computer. I changed the settings of the card to 3d mark 05. whatever that is and it worked for a change. Do you know if you have to select these marks and different game settings to get the game to work. Just incase that was a lucky round where it didnt restart.

i dont know if it is the newest unreal demo out.

Its started restarting again :'( . anyone know settings for the xfx 7800gs???? i think i need better settings

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.