A. Engage in productive conversation with your colleagues, think of ideas that can make your project successful and make stop micromanaging each other. To attain a productive work environment, your company should be driven by ideas and should encourage each other to more instead of leg-pulling.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I disagree with the first point. I worked in IT as a software maintainer/developer for 29 years. The number one way to increase productivity is to give people blocks of time in order to focus on their work. That means

1. No emails
  2. No phone calls
  3. No walk-up meetings
  4. No distractions

Incredibly off the mark. I wonder if you are really aware of how most programmers and creative minds work. Nope, I have to write you need more time at this work.

Take some time to get more courses in this area and then come back after you've completed your studies.

Why are you making the assumption that the OP is taking about programmers / developers? Of course they need solid blocks of time to think clearly and make progress without being interrupted. But working as a digital marketer is entirely different.

commented: It was based on what I saw at the Sarmad's TaskQue article and pages at TaskQue. Maybe it was just spam after all. +15

And it was posted in the hardware-and-software forum.

commented: And let's not mention the tag used above. +15

And let's not mention the tag used above.

Tag changed.

Following are the top 8 ways of Increasing the Productivity of WorkPlace:-

1. Be Efficient
  2. Delegate
  3. Reduce Distractions
  4. Have the Right Tools and Equipment
  5. Improve workplace conditions
  6. Offer Support and Set Realistic Goals
  7. Practice Positive Reinforcement
  8. Ensure Employees Are Happy

It really helps if you do not have the boss from hell. My former boss was an electrical engineer. So, being an engineer he believed he knew everything.

Aside - what do you get when you cross an engineer with a prostitute?

Anyway, as the person who was expected to actually do the work I found reality bumping up against my goals.

Be efficient

Hard to do as a maintenance programmer/developer. When the phone rings it has to be answered (real-time systems need real-time solutions)

Delegate

Not only was I expected to get my work done, but as the sysadmin/dbadmin I also had to write code to account for bad code from other developers ("He won't fix his code so you'll have to compensate with yours.")

Reduce distractions

At one point my boss told me to fix a critical problem immediately. While I tried to work on hit he carried on a conversation right behind me. When Ii complained he told me to stop working and called me into his office to lecture me.

Have the right tools and equipment

I once said to a senior engineer the it was a requirement for the company to provide me with the tools I needed to do my job. He told me I was wrong.

Improve workplace conditions

Aside from "boss" conditions were actually pretty good.

Offer support and set realistic goals

I was always available to provide support for others. I didn't really have a choice in this but I would have done it regardless.

Practice positive reinforcement

Self-applied. My boss' prime directive (in his exact words) was "you're going to get shit no matter what you do."

Ensure employees are happy

See previous point.

Reality can suck. No workplace is ideal. Fortunately I spent only the last few years working for this turd of a human. By that point I was bullet-proof anyway. I was too critical of a resource for him to do anything more than lecture me. I got my job satisfaction out of the work I was doing, not for who(m) I was working. My users always appreciated what I did and the speed at which I did it. I actually found his working principle quite liberating. I figured that if I was going to get shit no matter what I did then I might as well just do it my way.

Sorry for venting. I've been retired since 2008 and it can still get to me. The take-away is, ask your people what they need, and if possible and reasonable, give it to them. Always prefer the carrot over the stick.

For a Positive Workplace and Wellbeing culture, you have to follow below points

1. First and foremost is the understanding of employee health risks
  2. Empowering employees to share their perspectives and criticism
  3. Offering of multi-faceted channels for acquiring relevant feedbacks and insightful gatherings
  4. Walk the discussion
  5. Adaptable working can be a genuine advantage to the business organization

Read More in detail about Positive workplace and Employee wellbeing culture.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.