I am thinking of buying a new Laptop and want to know everyones opinion on the most efficient proccessor ??
I do some DTP and photo work and I don't play games (crap co-ordination )
I know that battery life is also important and certain proccessors give longer working times without mains power ..

fire away techies !!!!!:eek:

11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jo2995

not too sure about lappies, but from what I've heard, if you can afford it, go for an Intel Centrino technology based system. Gives the best performance.

Votes + Comments
alway good if its free

thaks again goldeagle.....................any others out there with new laptops to boast about

what about screens then !! I live in sunny Costa del sol ,Spain and can,t see my screen when i'm outside on the terrace .....what laptop has the best screens or will i have to move to a darker area !!!!??/!!

One of the best screens I've seen is currently on alot of the Dell XPSs. It's treated with some sort of anti-reflectant. In addition, the screen itself is very bright.

Damn...very true.

Then again, you could always keep it on a medium setting, and only turning it up when ya need it. (This is what I currently do)

I'm a laptop man myself, owning....4 :cheesy:

Uh...I think amd makes some mobile processors with low power consumption, Sempron and Turion models. The Mobile Sempron 3600+ is the best I think but also the most expensive. If you want dual core power Turion has some. Intel's good too!

Votes + Comments
many thanks
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.