I searched here and didn't see a posting dealing with this, but if I missed it, my apologies for reposting this problem.
- g3 powermac (blue and white)
- apple display (smoke)
- panther OS
- other software, etc....
- on startup the display has the message "out of frequency range" and then gives a 10 second timer before going into sleep mode.
- the CPU seems to be operating fine, but I can't tell without an operational display.
- the mac startup screen is never displayed.
- I set the display settings to an incompatible range and after shutting down it is impossible for the display to startup in the chosen settings?
- A game didn't release the settings control back to the system (completely guessing here)
So... does anyone know if there is a way to reset/override/reboot/hijack/erase/rip out/redo/cancel the settings going to the display during startup? I will be trying the <option-apple-p-r> keystroke to reset the pram. Hopefully it'll work. I'll let you all know if it does. In the meantime.. any suggestions?