Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ricky91

What type of computer (specifically, what type of BIOS)?
Describe the beeps, how many, short or long etc.

ok well when i start my computer the cd drive works so does the floppy but the hardrive light flashes only once when it is turned on i dont have any op installed sinc i was trying to reinstalll windows it just beeps constantly

Irrelevant, to figure out what the beeps mean, we need to know what type of BIOS you have (look in the motherboard manual) and what beeps are occuring.

well i dont have the manual so i odnt know yet what my bios is but i unplugged everthing out of my computer and plugged everything back and it still making beeps constantly:(:(

You can probably find your motherboards manual online.. the different beeps will tell you what is wrong (i.e. ram, harddrive, etc.)

its not making any beeps no more but when i turn the pc on it says remove disk or any other media even though i dont have any disk inserted. also the harddrive doesnt work cause its not making any sounds when i boot it also has no os installed

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.