corvair024 0 Newbie Poster

I just bought a new graphics card for my home-built system and upon installation the computer will turn on, but the monitor says no signal, and the computer doesnt even beep to say that everything is normal. It just sits there, on but doing nothing. When I reinstall my old graphics card everything works 100% again.
Here are my computer specs:

New graphics card: ATI x700 Pro 256mb
Old graphics card: ATI 9600 128mb
Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 NForce3 250Gb
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
1024mb DDR
450W PSU
40gig WD Harddrive

This is what I have tried so far to resolve this:

1. Downloaded latest chipset drivers from NVidia
2. Flashed Award BIOS to latest F8
3. Contacted ATI who insisted the problem lies with my computer
4. Disassembled the whole computer and reassembled it at least 4 times
5. Reset CMOS per intructions in motherboard manual
6. Checked to make sure AGP was not conflicting with any other hardware or shared an IRQ with any hardware

Im stumped. The only real difference in installation of my new card vs the old one is that the ATI x700 has to have power connected to it from the PSU. (Connector is the same type as the one for the floppy drive). I have 3 of that type of connector with my PSU and none so far have worked. I even tried the adaptor included with the video card and still nothing. The minimum requirements for the new card is a 300W PSU and I have 450W. I do not have any on-board video with my motherboard and I dont have another computer in which to test the new card in. So I am completly out of ideas. Anyone have a clue?? Any help is greatly appreciated
KC