AEW 0 Newbie Poster

Howdy,

Essentially, what I want to do is take one of my older PC boxes and convert it into a SCSI box'o'hard drives. I feel that this may be deceptively simple, but I'm just not sure. I've got the drives, plenty of'em in fact. I've got plenty of cables. I've also got the appropriate card(s) for the machine receiving and sending data to this new SCSI contraption. However, do I need a special card for the SCSI box? If I simply power it own before the main system, will that be okay? How do I set this up? Like I mentioned earlier, I think I might be convincing myself that this is more complex than it is, but I'd prefer getting advice first than rigging something up and perhaps damaging equipment because I was too pig-headed to ask first.

(Oh, and I've looked online some and I don't seem to be able to find much that actually helps.... although I could be looking in the wrong places.)

Finally, might it be possible to create a SCSI version of network storage this way?

As always, Thanks!!!
-AEW

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.