This just started happening about 5 days ago. I left my computer running and I came back and it said Power saving enabled and will shut down in a few seconds. And then it cuts off! And when I turn the monitor back on it says Self Test. But my cpu is still running but the only way I can turn my CPU off is if I hold the button down. And when I restart the computer later It shows the windows xp screen and then power saving enabled comes back on, but instead of the whole computer shutting down the CPU is still running and to turn it off I have to hold the button down. Please help me if you can. Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

sounds like you need to disable power saving either in the BIOS or in Windows itself. Please shed some more light on you rig i.e what o/s and what the hardware specs are and preferably the bios manufacturer.

Ummm...Im not all that smart about computers, So I have no clue what you mean by BIOS and o/s..lol I have an emachine and it runs winsows xp home edition. Thats about all i can tell you! And I cant disable the power saving bc the computer wont even get to the log in screen.

what is your computers model? it should tell you on the machine itself or in the documentation that came with it.

on start up you should get a splash screen with something that says along the lines of ' to enter SETUP press ? button'

i've put the ? in to signify that this could be F2, F10 or DELETE. On entering setup look at the top and this will tell you who makes the bios

what is your computers model? it should tell you on the machine itself or in the documentation that came with it.

on start up you should get a splash screen with something that says along the lines of ' to enter SETUP press ? button'

i've put the ? in to signify that this could be F2, F10 or DELETE. On entering setup look at the top and this will tell you who makes the bios

My model is a W2040. After i have to shut off the computer when the screen does the whole power saving enabled, i let it sit for a few min or hours bc when I try to turn it the computer on it doesnt. It sounds like its starting up but the green light around the button doesnt come on like it suppose to when you start the computer. Im using a webtv right now just to get online. So right now i cant get the bios you want. :( I hate this computer, lol ive had nothing but trouble with it the past month. And it cost 20 bucks to call emachine tech support bc my warrenty ran out.

how do you fix the power saving enabled monitor will shut down?

I need a solution to the problem of my PC saying power saving enabled monitor will shut down in a few seconds...I can get into BIO'S but what do I do once I get there?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.