Help!
Recently my mother board was burnt due to wrong insertion of a new RAM memory and switching the PC on. To start with there was no display, then I tried to test my monitor on other PC, it worked. One of my friends who knew better about hardware said that either the Mobo or processor is damaged. So i bought a new mother board A8N5X, a new processor AMD 64, 3200 and a PCI Express card. Old mobo is removed and new is installed and also processor is mounted. The connection is made. The problem is that the PC does not beep. I saw that the power supply on mobo is having more slots than older mobo. I don't know why the system is not working eventhough everything is new and connected properly. Do i have to change the power supply box? or use SATA cables? or could it be that the memory is damaged(although it works on other PC)

thanks for advice!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Help!
Recently my mother board was burnt due to wrong insertion of a new RAM memory and switching the PC on. To start with there was no display, then I tried to test my monitor on other PC, it worked. One of my friends who knew better about hardware said that either the Mobo or processor is damaged. So i bought a new mother board A8N5X, a new processor AMD 64, 3200 and a PCI Express card. Old mobo is removed and new is installed and also processor is mounted. The connection is made. The problem is that the PC does not beep. I saw that the power supply on mobo is having more slots than older mobo. I don't know why the system is not working eventhough everything is new and connected properly. Do i have to change the power supply box? or use SATA cables? or could it be that the memory is damaged(although it works on other PC)

thanks for advice!

I think you answered you own ?, does your powersupply have 20 pin conector and the board have 24 pin ,if yes ,you need a newer powersupply

I think you answered you own ?, does your powersupply have 20 pin conector and the board have 24 pin ,if yes ,you need a newer powersupply

Dear, I bought a connector which is 20 pin to 24pins and avoided buying a complete power supply
The CPU got started and gave beep on start up(which is good). but the windows did not start, instead there is a blue screen saying something like:

A problem has been detected

.........check for viruses ... remove newly installed hardware (the mobo is new, the processor is new,the PCi express is new ,the RAM is new)

Can you help to detect the problem further

Dear, I bought a connector which is 20 pin to 24pins and avoided buying a complete power supply
The CPU got started and gave beep on start up(which is good). but the windows did not start, instead there is a blue screen saying something like:

A problem has been detected

.........check for viruses ... remove newly installed hardware (the mobo is new, the processor is new,the PCi express is new ,the RAM is new)

Can you help to detect the problem further

The blue screen that i get says ... waiting for your advice...:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0X0000007B (0XF7CB263C, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Ok ,you installed new motherboard ,then a Re-instastall of Windows Xp is suggested and most time needed ,you can sometime get away with a repair install if you have a from microsoft version of winxp and not a OEM recovery winxp.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.