:confused: My new pc will not bootup it comes on and a error message shows up saying please check signal.I have removed all the pci cards and reset them as well as the PCI-Express video card. the pc has a ABIT AN8 MBSocket 939 with a AMD 3500CPU,Kingston PC3200 512 DDR,NVidia GeForce 7300 PCI-E video card and a Maxtor 200 GIG Sata HD.This is not the first one I have build but has me confused as what to check for.Help please countrynu

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

"please check signal" is a message from your monitor. You've probbably broke one of the pins or the connection to the vga is loose.

"please check signal" is a message from your monitor. You've probbably broke one of the pins or the connection to the vga is loose.

Hi Thanks for the reply I have had my pc plugged into three different monitors and they all say the same error message,I do not believe I broke a pin off my MB has a Award Post which is 9.0 which is Bios take over booting job,this is a feature that Abit build into the MB each set of code numbers or letters has it`s own definition which is suppose to help with any problem that come up it raises more questions I think then anwsers. thanks for reading countrynu

From what you have said, your PC isn't POSTing.

Has it ever worked? Or has it been like this from the first time you turned it on?

Go through the 'newly built PC' part of this thread:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread27079.html

Until you find out this is just a guess, but maybe the board is shorting somewhere? Or maybe it's fried. But at least you'll know.

I remember the first one I built. I made sure I followed the case instructions to the letter: "It is essential that the metal spacers are fitted to the tray as these provide support for the board when the CPU fan is fitted"

The problem was, the standard Intel fan (at that time) worked in such a way that it deformed the board slightly, causing it to press against these spacer posts. And that caused a short, which in turn prevented POST.

It took ages to nail it. And I even bought a second board to diag it.

Fortunately it didn't do any harm and once the spacers were out it worked perfectly. That machine has never crashed even once.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.