Hi everyone :), I have a problem with my dvd drive.I have an HP Pavillion with Win.XP Home. Recently the drive just stoppped working. I cant play CDs, DVDs, CDROMs or anything. When I try and use the Drive I get the messages (depending on which of two media players I use) "no valid drive/disk found" or "cant find DVD directory". Device Manager says "the device is working properly" The draw opens, in goes the disk, the read light flashes for a few seconds then stops and nothing happens. Ive tried uninstalling the drive and drivers and even System Restore. Someone has suggested that a media player may have corrupted something. Not sure whether its a HW or SW issue.
If someone can help it would be very much appreciated. Thx :?:

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Jeff48

hmm, it seems to me, you need to clean up the lens, the problem can be in it(the most simple reason) or the drive is dead.

hmm, it seems to me, you need to clean up the lens, the problem can be in it(the most simple reason) or the drive is dead.

Thx fry, I suspect you maybe right, I think I'll have to replace the drive:sad: Its only a year and a half old!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.