Hello,

My laptop one morning just didn't turn on. The fan began to spin and the power light was on. However, blank screen, no beeping as if it was POSTing.

I did some research and performed a PAS alternate boot. The hard drive and scroll lock LED lights lit for a few seconds. Then it went to the Flash, on, off (number, caps, scroll) LED lock code. what does this mean?

I have done nothing to my computer. No new components or software. I did recently change the new Dell batterie since the recall. But it worked okay for a few days before this happened. I did try disconnecting the power cord and battery, waiting, reconnecting and turning on... no success.

Please help!

Sincerely,

addie

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Usually one of two problems... failed hard drive, or failed inverter for the screen. The hard drive is easy. Just buy and install another. Inverter requires a skilled technician.

Thank you for the reply! ;-P I have a friend that tells me it is either that, the RAM or the mother board. I will likely take to a professional tech for diagnostics. It might be cheaper to just buy a new desktop. What do you think?

Addison

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.