3 of my videocards have been overheating to the point where it doesn't work anymore. This has happend all in about two weeks. I had the first video card for a while and it stopped working a few weeks ago. So I bought another one thinking it was the video card but that one stopped working too. So I bought another one and I noticed the the heatsink gets very hot. I ordered a fan for it but it was too late. And also, I used agp and pci video cards and same result. Is it possible that the motherboard is to blame? I have a crappy WinFast motherboard. I had if for a while. So is it the motherboard?

Dino

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It could be the board. One (slightly expensive) way to figure out would be to get a known, working vid card, use it on another system, and if it doesn't blow up there, use it on your system. If it does blow up in your board, get a new board.

Hey dino...what make and model are the graphic cards, and what make and model is you PSU?

Hey dino...what make and model are the graphic cards, and what make and model is you PSU?

One of the video cards was a PNY GeForce Ti4200 8x ddr 64mb, an XFX Geforce FX5200 128 mb DDR and the last one was a some cheap ATI card. It's wierd because that cheap one had both ATI and Geforece on the box. I don't know the make and model for my PSU.

If your PSU doesn't have enough wattage it can produce these results.

Let's try this from another angle, what make and model is your computer?

If your PSU doesn't have enough wattage it can produce these results.

Let's try this from another angle, what make and model is your computer?

My computer is custom built. I bought the power box and motherboard seperately. I guess im gonna buy a new power supply and see how things work out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.