I got a Logitech wireless mouse for my birthday, January 28, which I immediately installed on in new notebook. It worked fine, up until an hour ago.

I unplugged the receiver to move it to a new USB port in the back, and when I did, it stopped working. Windows reconized the receiver and the mouse, but the mouse didn't work. I moved it back to the USB port, but still no luck. I followed all of the instructions on the "Reconnection" utility that does absolutely nothing but display a message box that I could write in Visual Basic in 15 seconds. I also followed every single instruction on the Logitech support website. No luck.

I'm sick of this problem, and I have gotten used to using a mouse. I don't have another that I can use, so I'm stuck with using a touchpad at my desk. How brilliant.

If anyone can help me soon, it would be greatly appreciated. I am about to throw this mouse out the window and forget about wireless mice. I haven't had one good experience with wireless mice in the past, and I doubt in the future, either.

-- Alex
Thanks in advance.

Alex:

I just recently had a similar problem with my Logitech wireless optical mouse - and I found your post while I was searching the internet for help. After a few frustrating hours, what eventually worked for me was to go to the Logitech support site and download the Setpoint330 software that I found there. Opening that installed a Connect Utility in my program files, and when I opened that my mouse magically started workig again. Hope this can work for you and that it's not too late.

I got a Logitech wireless mouse for my birthday, January 28, which I immediately installed on in new notebook. It worked fine, up until an hour ago.

I unplugged the receiver to move it to a new USB port in the back, and when I did, it stopped working. Windows reconized the receiver and the mouse, but the mouse didn't work. I moved it back to the USB port, but still no luck. I followed all of the instructions on the "Reconnection" utility that does absolutely nothing but display a message box that I could write in Visual Basic in 15 seconds. I also followed every single instruction on the Logitech support website. No luck.

I'm sick of this problem, and I have gotten used to using a mouse. I don't have another that I can use, so I'm stuck with using a touchpad at my desk. How brilliant.

If anyone can help me soon, it would be greatly appreciated. I am about to throw this mouse out the window and forget about wireless mice. I haven't had one good experience with wireless mice in the past, and I doubt in the future, either.

-- Alex
Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.