Hi All

Major problem here. Just wantt to know if anyone has any idea what this might be.

The computer was asleep at the time the power went off. Now, if I hit the stratup button, the light comes on as I hold the button down, but that's it, not boot up, nothing.

Is this a problem with the power supply? Has something been fried?

Any help much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ugh. There was probably a huge powersurge before the outage, which probably fried your power supply unit in your G4.

The good news is is that the PSU generally sacrifices itself for the other computer parts, so generally a power surge will not harm other computer parts.

As for fixing I'm sorry, I don't really know much about G4's PSUs. Consider asking at your local Apple store for power supply units and additional information, or if you're not feeling up to it, get them to do the repair for you.

Ugh. There was probably a huge powersurge before the outage, which probably fried your power supply unit in your G4.

The good news is is that the PSU generally sacrifices itself for the other computer parts, so generally a power surge will not harm other computer parts.

As for fixing I'm sorry, I don't really know much about G4's PSUs. Consider asking at your local Apple store for power supply units and additional information, or if you're not feeling up to it, get them to do the repair for you.

Thanks for your reply but I found the answer.

I just reset the PMU button on the motherboard and it booted. See this page on Apple's website: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=95037

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.