It started suddenly and when I put the toshiba recovery disk in the dvd drive, it didnot recognize it, and when I tried to browse it win xp does not see it, strangely enough when I tried to install the software for wireless network card after a few tries it read it and I was able to install it. But I still get the error message when I start the computer.
I read some of the previous post But I can't even figure out how to remove the dvd rom from the computer. I appriciate any help in this matter.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I'm not sure what your problem is here, is the DVD-ROM not working? And are you trying to physically remove it?

It would help if you could give the exact error message.

The exact error message at boot up is IDE#1error.

Try reseating the drive.

I'm not sure how to take the drive out, it looks like I have to take the whole thing apart , is there a trick to this?

I'm not sure how to take the drive out, it looks like I have to take the whole thing apart , is there a trick to this?

Don't know if you still care but there's button on the back of the laptop slide it up and pull your drive out. VERY SIMPLE, Did you ever solve your IDE #1 ERROR? I'm having the same problem and need help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.