There is no signal to the monitor, it powers up and there is the initial beeping sound, cd drives, HDD, floppy and all lights and fans work fine. It doesnt boot up. I googled to try and solve the problem and have tried a process of elimination, so far I have:
1) CHecked video card - I replaced with an old one which definately works and still no activity. I then thought it could be the AGP slot but when I put the original card back i removed the power connections for it and it started beeping, so I presume the slot is ok? Not sure though.
2) Made sure all cables were in correctly - yes
3) Removed CMOS battery and replaced - no difference
4) Memory - removed one stick - no difference, removed other stick - no difference.
4) CHecked CPU - seemed to be seated in correctly but removed and replaced anyway, again no difference.
5) Monitor - monitor screen works as it displays 'no signal' when it attempts to boot.
I'm stumped as to what to do next, but I think its maybe the processor, I'm suprised I get no beeps or warnings about it though?
Can anyone help?
System is: a Athlon 3000+ (oc to 3200+), Asus K9N Motherboard, 6800GT graphics card, 1gb ram, 160gb HD, 350w PSU.