Hey everyone. I have a gateway laptop about 4 years old and the screen goes out like about 1 minute or so after i disconnect the back ac adapter from it. I hate it cause i doesnt work as a "portable" devise anymore. I want to actually cary my laptop without having to plug it in. Does anybody know what can be wrong with my laptop? The battery can be 99% full and it still turns on. I try pushing the Fn + LCD button (F3) but it turns back on but right away it goes off.

Is it my resolution. Is it a little to high?
When i choose the monitor settings it doesnt say anything about LCD. Does that play a factor? It called FlatPanel something.

If anybody could give me ideas i'de appreciate it.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by JC SIX

it could be your battery, it has to be because the screen isn't getting enough power.

You know what? I was thinking about that too. Now that you say that, i will buy a new battery. I ll see if that works. Thanks a lot:cheesy:

I would say it was the battery also. I have a 3 year old Packard Bell, used it mainly as a desktop machine, always plugged into the mains. This really quickly drained my battery life. Lasts about 10 minutes on its own. If you dont regularly use the battery on a laptop, its life span greatly reduces.

yeah, in that situation I would take out the battery and just plug it in to ac, then charge it and let drain on it's own.

yeah, in that situation I would take out the battery and just plug it in to ac, then charge it and let drain on it's own.

I will do that thanks you

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.