Hi, On a really hot day windows closed heating on ect. I smelled burning coming from my computer but it was still working i turned it off but it worked fine the next time i used it. The psu is still working??? but it turns off and restarts during gaming. its a 550 psu if i put my nose down to the fan i smell slight burny smell. If it was my psu would it work at all because its working just now but turns off at occasions. I have all the psu used up and recently added a fan so maybe theres a power shortage or breakage and its not my vga or motherboard please god:X :?:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hah.. If you can smell it coming from your psu, then it's probably not a vga or mb problem. However, faulty psu can destroy your mb. I recommend that you buy a new psu.

ok i tested chip not that. but the mother board is smoking sometimes when i try and put power to it . no fan is moving and im not sure whats the problem. i think ive wasted the motherboard but i dont have a clue why the fan wont move or power up. pretty sure the pins are in the right place for power. please helpp any ideas. ive tried 2 power supllies and have another but im sure its not that just the motherboard.

aa i shorted against the rig metal thingy. but now the fan goes round a few times to show power and then stops. what could it be now

The PSU is intended to power the system, not for welding. Make sure that the motherboard is isolated from the case. The only areas of the motherboard are the ones that have the solder surrounding the mounting holes.

Threads merged. Please try to keep this in one thread please.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.