hi, i bought 2gb of ram to my computer (ASUS P4S800D-X motherboard), (2 sticks of 1gb), i installed them instead of the two sticks of 256mb i had,
now, the bios and operating systems show me theres only 1gb. but CPU-Z shows that i have two. what should i do?
thank u.
idan.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Is the Bus compatible with your motherboard? What is the max your motherboard can accept?

it can carry 4GB, its cmptable...

does it have a max per slot though?

my server can have 4gb but has a max of 512mb per slot

That motherboard has four expansion slots. Each memory slot can hold DDR PC3200,DDR PC2700,DDR PC4000 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.

Do you have both sticks in the blue slots?

yes, and i tried to put them in the black ones, same problem.
and i tried every stick alone. the sticks are fine. something in the motherboard. and i am from israel, so my warrenty is 1 year. and it was last week:(

Huh IdanSeal,

When I trouble shot with eMachines and Gateway certain motherboards can only accept certain MB and GB configurations. So if you place two 1GB ram chips together either one will only recconize as 256 or not at all. I have a feeling that is your issue. The threadign of the motherboard for the RAM slots can not handle the two chips of 1gb.

I suggest contacting the Manufactur of your PC or laptop to ask for compatiblity.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.