looking for some help... Please
ok heres the deal. i recently had to replace the mother board on my laptop and the lcd inverter (guess its common for these to die) well anyways now when i try to start the laptop up i get a screen that just displays this message
Press esc to change boot order
press f2 to enter setup, f10 to start diagtools, f12 to boot from LAN

well none of the buttons do anything unless i press them while its trying to boot and then i get this message
Insyde Software MobilePro Bios Version 3.00.03
copyright 1983 - 2001 Insyde Software Corp All Rights Reserved.
=======================================================================================================================================
Via Twister (VT8603) + VT8231 BIOS 3.00.03
Build At 09:31:48 06/06/02
HP Pavillion ZT1 BIOS Version IB.M107
Twister VGA BIOS Version 15
Copyright 1997-2001 Hewlett-Packard Co.
serial Number : TW22605526
Service ID : 00134
UUID: 00546569C991D511AD9400023F3C6D30

Base Memory 0000640 KB
Extended Memory 0506880 KB
Total Memory 0507904 KB
Shared Memory 0016384 KB

Press F2 to enter System Configuration Utility
Auto Detecting IDE Devices
Primary Master: Toshiba MK4018GAP
Secondary Master: UJDA720 DVD/CDRW
Insyde ACPI BIOS Version 3.00.04
Copyright(c) 1998-2001 Insyde Software Corp All Rights Reserved.

Entering System Configuration Utility, please wait...

but it just sits there and never changes has any one here seen any thing like this before???? please help i am very tech savvy and am not against opening the laptop to change anything.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

This may sound like a really silly question to ask but its usually better to ask the stupid question first lest you run around in circles checking everything but.

You did attach the keyboard up to the new motherboard properly diddn't you?
Try using a USB keyboard and seeing if you can access the bios like that.

yes it was attached properly. like i stated if i reboot and press 1 of the f-keys then i get the other screen but thats it

if you have install hdd, k/b properly it should go to the OS directly.. and detect the new changes on your motherboard..

do u have a bootable cd or either a boot disk try to check if you can go dos mode.. and can access your c drive.. your hdd has an OS installed in it..

already tried the boot cd's...several of them actually.none worked. tried the hard drive on another pc as slave and it was recognized with no problem.

try to remove your hdd and cd-rom check if you can get through the cmos setup

did that already, removed everything including ram. 1 stick at a time. even reinstalled old board just in case the repair tech was wrong when he said i need a new one. same issue.

well time to go watch tony soprano be back in the morning. feel free to offer any suggestions. i will check back in am. thanks for all the help so far.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.