I'm trying to help my brother out with his computer. Recently, he put in a Creative SB Audigy 2 Card in a HP Pavilion m7640n Media Center PC. It worked fine for a few weeks, but then it suddenly stopped working. He switched to the onboard Realtek HD Audio sound card and that worked fine until two days ago. He uninstalled the Audigy 2 drivers after some trouble, then he tried this solution (http://tinyurl.com/2u738g). It seemed to work, but he does not get sound from his computer despite having the volume turned all the way and having the speakers properly connected. We're not sure what the problem is, so any help would be much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I would think its a driver problem, are you installing the correct drivers?

Check to make sure the connection cables are in the right holes.

Did you check creative audio consol settings?

I have formated the computer and did a fresh install of drivers?

You may want to contact Creative support they are very helpful. I had twice problem with MP3 player (I know not sound card) and they been fast to locate what was wrong with it

Please help. I am having the same problem with a Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS card in a Dell Dimension with Windows Media Center.

Sound was working fine and then my cd & dvd drives went down. When Dell was attempting the fix the drives they messed up my sound. I found the fix for the cd/dvd online but no luck getting the sound back so far.

When I have the volume turned up to full, I hear faint, fuzzy sound. When I open the Creative Speaker settings and check or uncheck DIGITAL Output Only I hear a loud pop but nothing else works.

Prior to calling Dell I went thru all of the Creative Diagnostics and MS troubleshooting steps. I have installed the newest driver, rolled back when it didn't work, then reinstalled again.

Dell support has been useless. After they suggested a few fixes that did not work, my Creative Diagnostic attempts now receive an error message and close when I attempt the test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
AflacJack

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.